Scanmetender Standard is the next generation network scanner! It is one of the fastest network scanners on earth with probably the best user interface. Usually a network scanner is only able to scan a single or multiple port range on an IP address. But Scanmetender Standard is more. Scanmetender Standard is not only able to scan ports, but as one of the few network scanners also to close them! Yes! You do not need any extra tools like your firewall to close ports on a computer. Scanmetender Standard will do it for you! But for all the users who do not want to use the integrated firewall of Scanmetender Standard there is also a firewall configuration file, which shows you how to close ports in the most famous firewalls. Scanmetender Standard is multiplattform, currently available on Windows(R) and GNU/Linux and of course free on both plattforms. The GNU/Linux version of Scanmetender Standard is currently under construction! Scanmetender Standard is probably the best choice if you are searching for a network scanner!
What is a network scanner?
A network scanner is a computer program to check which services are provided by a system working with the TCP/IP or the UDP protocol.
Here is a complete functions overview of Scanmetender Standard:
- TCP port scanner with single connection or multithreaded mode
- UDP port scanner with single connection or multithreaded mode
- Two views in the port scanner window: Open port view or Port status view
- Advanced pinger, which is able to ping unlimited IP ranges
- Domain service with a resolver for local and network IP addresses including a WhoIs service
- List port scan with an extended port configuration system including a port configuration wizard (Main, Trojan horses and User defined port lists are shipped by Scanmetender[Soft], you can add more database files using the Scanmetender database file *.sdf format)
- Integrated firewall, which is able to close ports and to block unwished process names
- Firewall scanner, which makes a check up for your firewall to ensure whether you surf securley or not
- Password protection feature
- HTML format results export
- Helper programs and useful features for the user like autostart or balloons
- Skinnable interface (using Scanmetender Interface files *.interface)
- Language pack support (English shipped with setup package, others can be downloaded, using Scanmetender language packs *.slp)
- Full Scanmetender Viewer support
- Extended help file with a lot of pictures
- Firewall configuration help
- Integrated updater
Warning: Scanmetender Standard is not for illegal use! You are not allowed to connect IP addresses or computer, which do not belong to you, except the administrator of the computer you connect wants it. Connecting or pinging of remote computers without an agreement of the owner is illegal and punishable. You use Scanmetender Standard at your own risk. Ian Yaacov Levenfus and the Scanmetender[Soft] project are not liable for any damages or data loss arising from use of Scanmetender.
- Processor: x86 compatible processor, like Pentium(R) III or Pentrium(R) 4; at least with 500 MHz
- RAM: 128 MB DDR or SDR RAM
- Hard disk space: 20 MB
- Operating systems: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000, Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP, Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2003 Server or higher; Debian GNU/Linux(Sarge, SID), Kanotix, Fedora Core 4, Fedora Core 5
- Internet: 56kbps Modem, Cable modem, ISDN, DSL
- Display resolution: 1024×768
- Color depth: at least 16 bit
Microsoft(R) Windows(R): Download Scanmetender Standard 3.0 for Windows(R)
GNU/Linux: Under development
Here you can see additional links, which are also useful to get more information about Scanmetender Standard:
- License file
- Supported firewalls
- View screenshoots
- Download language packs!
- Download skin sets!
- Register Scanmetender Standard
- Upgrade to Scanmetender Professional!